Sunday, April 7, 2013

Challenging Doubles - By Constellation

I've been trying different filters with Sky Tools and finally decided upon a good set of criteria for challenging doubles.  I think many of these will still be splittable through a small refractor, but probably a 6", or greater, aperture would be best for the tighter ones.
The lists are here.


Filter Criteria:
Separation is ≥ 1" and ≤ 3"
Minimum brightness for the primary is mag 10
Visibility is filtered for urban light pollution levels

3 comments:

Bill Griffith said...

Wait Jerry. I haven't even got to the easy ones yet and you are up to 'Challenging'. LOL

exparrot said...

Well, Bill, the weather just refuses to cooperate, so I'm bored to tears. Nothing else to do, but fiddle with these lists!

Bill Griffith said...

OK. LOL I do appreciate it Jerry. Thanks :)

Post a Comment